Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
2,467 Rainbow War
2,337 Respawning?
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics215
Posts942
Members111
Most Online195
May 9th, 2020
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Project Phoenix Jump to new posts
Re: Debate - What should the next school year look like? matthews 10/28/2020 7:24 PM
Originally Posted by Amateos10
[quote=matthews]Debating Real World Issues
Now looking at this post makes me think if we should have done the option for the elementary kids. They honestly need it the most. I have a 7-year-old brother who has yet to learn a single thing in school this year because all he is getting are packets of review from things they learned last year. This coronavirus thing has gotten too far, who knows when it will end. Things will never be the same afterward.

It is interesting to re-visit this topic now that we're approaching the end of the first 9 weeks. I'd have to agree with you Abe! My son is in second grade, and the hoops the small children have to jump through are tremendous! Plus, they really do need the social interaction in order to fully develop!
27 1,127 Read More
Re: Elon Musk HVAC Article matthews 10/28/2020 7:20 PM
I feel like all of his "side" businesses are just future branches of SpaceX. For example...if we colonize Mars, we'll probably be using lava tubes as shelter. The Boring company is already advancing that skill set. Starlink will eventually create an internet bridge to Mars... His approach is very interesting!
2 33 Read More
Re: Explosion in Beirut ElvisYahir 10/28/2020 1:45 PM
Man I really dont know what to say about this stuff but its sounds horrible mostly for the refugees. The government doesn't do anything about this .Probably Trump is right or not but poor people that lost there homes and lives
5 99 Read More
Re: Children are more likely to become addicted to technology... ElvisYahir 10/28/2020 1:34 PM
Well I think its not bad having a smart phone but almost every one doesn't control themselves when having a smart phone every notification and messages we always have to respond and look there is basically never a day when we don't have our face in front of a screen. But children i dont see why they have to have one ]ust waste of money and time.
64 2,572 Read More
Re: Electronic Devices Used in Educational Settings for Children Amateos10 10/28/2020 1:07 AM
Originally Posted by matthews
Smartphones and tablets hinder learning when used in educational settings for children younger than 9 years old.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you agree? Disagree? Why? Why not? Remember, this isn't talking about personal devices, it's talking about devices that are used in the classroom.

I disagree with this because brighter images and more interaction with technology make kids focus. It also makes them more connected with the class. When technology pushes kids to interact and click on buttons and stuff and they start participating, their brains work more thus retaining more information and knowledge.
48 1,938 Read More
Re: Earphone tracks facial expressions, even with a face mask Amateos10 10/28/2020 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Researchers have invented an earphone that can continuously track full facial expressions by observing the contour of the cheeks - and can then translate expressions into emojis or silent speech

commandshttps://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/10/201013101739.htm
This is great! This means that now or in the near future when this technology gets in our hands we will be able to describe our expressions and feelings with just our facial expressions and that's not all they will be translated into emojis!!
1 22 Read More
Re: Alphabetical Band Names Demitrius 10/22/2020 6:36 PM
Astley Rick

RICK ROLLED
38 1,433 Read More
Re: Disrespect, Defiance, and Disruption Bonnie 10/22/2020 2:53 PM
disrespect is when someone insults someone. defiance is when someone does the exact oppisiot of what was told. disruption is when someone purposly calls attention to themselves in the middle of class. most of the teachers just tell them to stop.
38 1,439 Read More
Artificial intelligence Araceli 10/22/2020 2:20 PM
Artificial intelligence can solves problems that humans can't.
0 14 Read More
learning cameras. Araceli 10/22/2020 1:54 PM
Cameras that are designed for recording images and can learn what they are seeing.
0 14 Read More
Who's Online Now
1 members (matthews), 2 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
prmatthews24, Msantizo, Mariola, brandon, Tyric24
111 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Bonnie 10
Grace 8
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17