Project Phoenix
Posted By: Enrry The robot revolution has arrived - 12/15/2020 4:31 PM
Robots take inventory and clean floors in Walmart. They help autistic children socialize and stroke victims regain the use of their limbs. In a world that now fears human contact, it won’t be easy to fill jobs caring for children or the elderly, so they'll just use robots.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2020/09/the-robot-revolution-has-arrived-feature/
Posted By: Myles Re: The robot revolution has arrived - 03/17/2021 1:31 AM
This is good and bad, because what will some people do if their jobs are being covered by robots? For certain jobs, illnesses or issues this would help, but for some economic parts this could be a downfall especially for the employment side of things.
Posted By: matthews Re: The robot revolution has arrived - 03/19/2021 3:25 PM
This reminds me of a story I heard on NPR. It was a book review about a book called "Klara and the Sun". I've attached the story to this post, if you'd like to listen to it. You can also read it here.

Attached File
20210303_fa_02.mp3  (68 downloads)
Posted By: Logan A Re: The robot revolution has arrived - 03/23/2021 5:12 PM
You're not wrong at all. Gonna be really crazy when truck drivers lose their jobs to a self driving semi.
Posted By: Mack Re: The robot revolution has arrived - 04/06/2021 12:14 PM
Evolution is inevitable, but robots can't always do everything. They are configured to do set tasks at a certain way. Like picture a robot giving surgery, the robot find a foreign body or an irregularity in a person, then is that when we step in? It may was a joke a decade or more, but this is real, that everyday a new machine taking a job from a blue collar worker, and over time they will take over the white collars too.
© Project Phoenix