Project Phoenix
Posted By: matthews Sticks and Stones - 04/12/2021 3:31 PM
Why is it crucial to consider the effects of our words and actions on other people?
Posted By: SDark Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/12/2021 10:44 PM
Words influence others and build relationships at work and personally they can also tear relationships apart.
Posted By: Sergio Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/13/2021 2:43 AM
It's crucial because you can use words to influence to build relationships or destroy them. Considering what you say may have a good effect.
Posted By: Sergio Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/13/2021 2:45 AM
I agree as well to what your saying, carefully choosing the words that you will say will have a good or bad impact
Posted By: marcos Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/13/2021 3:32 PM
Words can effect someone's life impactfully it can either hurt or help them it can effect someone's emotions in just a second.
Posted By: Logan A Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/13/2021 4:05 PM
Because it is wrong to treat other people harshly by saying bad things about them or doing bad things to them.
Posted By: Logan A Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/13/2021 4:06 PM
you've got a point there. always nice to treat people how you want to be treated.
Posted By: Damienn Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/13/2021 4:21 PM
Words have to power to influence others, or destroy your relationship with someone. It's crucial because you could drive a person to do something that would do them harm, whatever that may be, in a literal sense or a metaphorical sense.
Posted By: Edwin M Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/13/2021 4:26 PM
It is crucial because words have power and can effect someone in a good way or a bad way. You can also change the way people are by how you speak to them. Your actions are the same.
Posted By: Edwin M Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/13/2021 4:27 PM
Always think before you speak 🥱
Posted By: Chelanda Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/14/2021 8:52 PM
We all don't live the same lives, go through the exact same experiences, nor deal with things the same way as others. In some ways than most, they may seem similar, but as individuals, our minds aren't the same. Everything before is common sense, we all know this, and yet many people treat other lives as if it were a piece of paper that they can just crumble up, throw away, and have no further concerns about. But that piece of paper could have cut you once, or multiple times, it could reveal a secret, hurt your grades, and so on. It is crucial to consider the effects our words and actions have on other people, for that could be the end of you, mentally, emotionally, or physically. People can be so manipulative and twisted, so you shouldn't get involved in their business so easily or often, nor act so recklessly towards them. Your actions or words could've just been the final bullet you loaded in their gun for them to finally end it. Or, you might've just done it and caused them to become a serial killer.
Posted By: elisabeth Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/15/2021 12:31 AM
we have phrases like "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" and "think before you speak" for a reason. I was brought up with the phrases "do unto others are you would have them do unto you" and "people who live in glass houses should throw stones", words hurt. a lot. you never know what that person has been through and what they're dealing with. I personally hate yo mama jokes, and yes I know it seems stupid, and it is, but my mom passed and she was stunning. you gotta think before you speak. my gramma is always going on about "it's not what you said it's the way you said it", the tone of voice plays an even bigger role on how it's going to affect someone.
Posted By: elisabeth Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/15/2021 12:39 AM
I like the way your thinking here, chelanda. it is very true that one thing could "be the straw that broke the camel's back. and it happens way more often than not. I pretty much just lost my best friend to the same situation. but we really have to take into account how they really feel, and if you don't tell them they wont know. so sometimes it's good to "get involved in their business.
Posted By: BrandonP23 Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/15/2021 12:00 PM
It is important because what may seem like a harmless joke to us, could be hurting someone else. You don't know what other people have experienced or have gone through.
Posted By: BrandonP23 Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/15/2021 12:01 PM
I also grew up on phrases like that. It is very important to watch what you do or say.
Posted By: Ethan Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/15/2021 5:08 PM
Words hurt no matter if it is a joke or not. There is so much cruel in the world why add more? Treat others how you want to be treated and live your life there is no need to be cruel through your words because you have no idea what demons that other person is fighting.
Posted By: Myles Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/19/2021 2:41 AM
It's crucial because nobody actually knows what affects another person. To certain people what they say could just be a joke, but it could actually tear another person up because it may be something really serious to them.
Posted By: Myles Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/19/2021 2:44 AM
That's true, usually words have the same affect as actions and yet people still tend to say harsh things.
Posted By: Luis Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/19/2021 8:26 PM
Words are important because depending on what you will say, you will destroy or build relationships with friends or family. Always think carefully about what you're going to say to each person because not everyone is the same.
Posted By: Seth Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/27/2021 5:16 PM
Words and actions leave an imprint on the people you associate with. We should watch the way we act and speak that way we dont hurt anyone. There is enough of rude and ignorant people and we dont need to feed into their energy.
Posted By: Jakori Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/29/2021 4:20 PM
Words help influence other with friendships and build relationships with out messing them up
Posted By: Jakori Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/29/2021 4:21 PM
i agree that words help influence others with friendships
Posted By: Greyver Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/29/2021 4:30 PM
you never know what the other person been through or is going through and you never know what their thoughts turn to with the words you say.
Posted By: Roy Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/30/2021 5:11 PM
Because cuts and bruises heal, but words can hurt you in a mental way and that might not easier to heal.
Posted By: Rawlings Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/04/2021 7:14 PM
Well it because the you act, and the way you speak will stick to not only the ones around you but people across the world. You should live a life that you will remember. Don't choice that will lead you to regret. Every one has one chance to live might as well make the most of it .
Posted By: shawn Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/06/2021 5:23 PM
because it may hurt them in which they might not like it and it can change them like they say words can change a personas image and feelings
Posted By: SDark Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/07/2021 11:19 AM
if you don't consider the effect of your words you can really hurt someone
Posted By: ryan Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/08/2021 6:07 PM
Some people can take the things you say to heart and start doing things to their health or they could already be depressed and one hurtful word could be all it takes for them to not want to live anymore.
Posted By: Lexi Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/08/2021 6:28 PM
morals
Posted By: mason Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/09/2021 6:21 PM
its importrant to respect others and what you say they may be going through somthing
Posted By: Elnora Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/09/2021 8:33 PM
Words and actions leave an imprint on the people you associate with
Posted By: Kyle Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/10/2021 12:44 PM
You can choose what you talk like and you can make them feel healed,hurt,harm,humiliate, or humble it all depends on what you say
Posted By: Maiki Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/11/2021 7:09 PM
It is important because you dont know what they are going through how it can effect them.
Posted By: Maiki Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/11/2021 7:10 PM
facts on foenem
Posted By: Ameirah Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/15/2021 3:04 PM
Words can have either a life changing or devastating impact, especially if the words are coming from a close friend you have known for years or your own parent. With either of them it is very different while also sharing a common denominator, they play a very important role in your life.
Posted By: KeKe Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/16/2021 6:55 PM
Don't be rude or say mean things to people cause you don't know what they go through behind close doors.
Posted By: Sarita Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/17/2021 4:41 PM
It is important to think about your actions and before you speak, because you never know what they are going through. Even if you make a joke you never know someone could take it in a harsh way. And you should always speak and treat people the way you want to be treated.
Posted By: Lexi Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/17/2021 4:45 PM
because you could make them more upset than you are just for like 2 min of fame
Posted By: KeKe Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/17/2021 6:44 PM
Watch what you say and/or do too people cause you don't know what they go through behind closed doors.
Posted By: allan Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/18/2021 6:16 PM
meaningful words can change how people feel throughout the day.
Posted By: Elnora Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/03/2021 6:51 PM
words don't hurt but actions do.
Posted By: Elnora Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/03/2021 6:52 PM
this s so true
Posted By: JaZuan Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/06/2021 5:01 PM
I agree with this a lot. When someone close to you says something that you are sensitive about it reaches a part of your heart that makes you feel either really sad or really happy. People's life behind the scenes is really what causes a reaction to a joke or statement.
Posted By: matthews Re: Sticks and Stones - 01/13/2022 7:18 PM
Posted By: .ryst.n Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/04/2022 5:05 PM
they may try to get red of you
Posted By: Jason Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/04/2022 5:20 PM
Its hard to tell what the effect your words will have on someone and they might take things completely differently than you expected.
Posted By: Ben Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/04/2022 5:21 PM
I think it is when you do it by accident and say something that wasn't even meant to hurt someone, but if you have the intention then at the moment you probably had a reason to say it.
Posted By: allison Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/04/2022 5:24 PM
Words hurt people. You never know what others are going through. Saying something harmful can make them feel worse than they already are.
Posted By: bryan Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/05/2022 5:04 PM
the words and actions could be used for crucial situations but i think actions give more crucial damage than words.
Posted By: bryan Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/05/2022 5:05 PM
i think actions use more crucial perspective than words because words could either be expressed by actions or just random words but actions do use words
Posted By: Aron Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/05/2022 5:40 PM
Because we don't live the same lives. So you don't know what they been going through
Posted By: Austin Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/06/2022 5:18 PM
it is crucial to consider the effects of our words and actions on other people because some people take things differently and bullying does happen a lot in the real world, so by being careful to certain groups and respectful to all peoples thoughts and actions, you'll be a much better person and be well respected.
Posted By: edward Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/06/2022 5:47 PM
a benevolent and helpful action intentionally directed towards another person, motivated by the desire to help another.
Posted By: Makayla Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/06/2022 6:02 PM
You never know how sensitive a person is and they may take it to heart. And you should always have respect for people's feelings.
Posted By: yvans Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/07/2022 5:57 PM
Think before you speak to other people
Posted By: Markens Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/07/2022 5:57 PM
think before you say something words can hurt people
Posted By: pete Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/08/2022 5:05 PM
Because the words that are used can be crucial in a good way or a bad way, depends on what you say.
Posted By: matthews Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/20/2022 2:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jason
Its hard to tell what the effect your words will have on someone and they might take things completely differently than you expected.

This is especially prevalent in email and text messages! It's easier to make inferences on a person's tone when listening to them speak. In written forms of communications, the person reading the message is filtering those words through their mood and preconceptions.
Posted By: Rosveliz Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/02/2022 1:59 PM
Words are important because depending on what you say, you will destroy or build relationships with friends or family.
Always think carefully about what you are going to say to each person because not everyone is the same.
Posted By: Owen Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/02/2022 5:18 PM
You should always tell your kid what they did rong and tell them how to fix what they could HAVE DONE TO DO BETTER.
Posted By: Owen Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/06/2022 5:29 PM
It is important to watch what you say to people because you never know who they are or what they have been through
Posted By: aj Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/20/2022 5:10 PM
Words can hurt people more than actions, so it is good to respect others.
Posted By: zamir Re: Sticks and Stones - 06/10/2022 6:07 PM
so u don't hurt anybody's feelings
Posted By: Connor Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/09/2022 6:10 PM
Your words can influence someones entire life, it is important to think before you speak. Especially if you are their role model.
Posted By: yes Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/09/2022 6:10 PM
its not important
Posted By: Connor Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/09/2022 6:10 PM
Yes, you could hurt someone feelings.
Posted By: Charles Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/09/2022 6:21 PM
there is no undo button in life
Posted By: ihavenoidea Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/09/2022 6:41 PM
It's crucial because you can use words to make relationships or break them. Depending on what you say could have a good affect or bad one on one's relationship.
Posted By: ihavenoidea Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/09/2022 6:42 PM
i think its right to speak whats on your mind cause i feel that you are basically lying if you dont say what you mean
Posted By: Cast Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/09/2022 7:39 PM
It's crucial to think of what you're going to say before you say it. The reason is that sometimes people just talk and don't think about what they are saying they can accidentally say something they didn't mean to say and affect the person to who they are speaking. For example, people who dislike someone else can talk to them and say bad things to them which can affect how the other person feels and affect how the other person acts around other people.
Posted By: Kerwin Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/10/2022 6:36 PM
It's crucial because you can use words to influence to build relationships or destroy them. Considering what you say may have a good effect.
Posted By: matthews Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/11/2022 6:22 PM
Originally Posted by yes
its not important

Why not?
Posted By: HeyD Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/11/2022 6:44 PM
Because you don't know anything about them and you wouldn't know if they're going through something. We should all keep it to ourselves so we don't cause problems. Even if you say sorry they could forgive you or not but they wouldn't forget about what you said. They would take what you would say seriously and you don't know what they would do next.
Posted By: yoselin Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/11/2022 9:41 PM
it's important cause you never know what someone is going through. For example, if you are talking rudely about someone who might be going through a rough time at home. You are just bringing them down even more.
Posted By: stax Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/14/2022 7:15 PM
It is important to watch what u say to others because you don't know what the other person is dealing with in life.
Posted By: Unknown Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/29/2022 6:04 PM
words can hurt people feelings but sometimes they can make people feel good about themselves.
Posted By: 18kAce Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/29/2022 6:24 PM
that actions speak for themsleves omatter if u have disabilities.
Posted By: Arcaneye Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/01/2022 6:07 PM
You have no idea how hurtful and mean you can be to somebody! You don't even know them, and yet here you are talking them down for no reason. Think before you speak and ask yourself if you would like to hear the same thing being said to you.
Posted By: Arcaneye Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/01/2022 6:17 PM
bro wdym "it's not important"
Posted By: chris02 Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/02/2022 6:23 PM
always nice to treat people how you want to be treated.
Posted By: wbmain Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/02/2022 6:53 PM
Words influence others and build relationships at work and personally they can also tear relationships apart.
Posted By: kimani Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/06/2022 6:02 PM
its important beacuse you might not know what someone is going through
Posted By: Aria Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/08/2023 5:24 PM
Some words can hurt people deeply, and It's important not to forget that when choosing your words. Words can come off as offensive and bitter, and usually, those words are used in the absence of a better vocabulary. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posted By: Aria Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/08/2023 5:28 PM
I think words can hurt just as much, It depends on the person and what they've been through.
Originally Posted by Elnora
words don't hurt but actions do.
Posted By: Taydennn Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/09/2023 6:00 PM
it's crucial because you shoudn't hurt peoples feelings.
Posted By: Brii_ Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/10/2023 5:32 PM
Some things you say can really hurt someone's feelings so you should try your best to be nice
Posted By: drystone-guitar1 Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/11/2023 5:26 PM
If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all
Posted By: a-a-ron Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/11/2023 5:33 PM
It's crucial to treat people with the same level of respect as you would like to be treated with. One's word can either negatively or positively impact someone's relationships and life.
Posted By: a-a-ron Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/11/2023 5:33 PM
I totally agree, I think always nice to treat people how you want to be treated.
Posted By: jessthinkpink2 Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/11/2023 6:03 PM
it is important because words can kill meaning if you keep saying mean things to someone it could be the reason they commit suicide.
Posted By: jessthinkpink2 Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/11/2023 6:06 PM
I 100% agree words can be very hurtful. That is why I am nice to people who get bullied because if I was getting bullied I would want someone to be nice to me.
Posted By: Jason Voorhees Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/16/2023 6:20 PM
what you say is important because some words hurt and some don't. Here's an example you call someone ugly guess what you're either on the floor getting beat up or in the office. So what you say is important
Posted By: Jason Voorhees Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/16/2023 6:22 PM
I agree words are important.
Posted By: david hasslehoff Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/18/2023 5:44 PM
you need to consider what other people say and how they act like if you bring up a certain subject and if it seems to make the other party uncomfortable then stop talking about. it some people don't know how to read the room and will ruin the mood if they say the wrong thing
Posted By: jasmarie Re: Sticks and Stones - 05/23/2023 5:26 PM
you dont give respect , you earn it .
Posted By: saisha Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/13/2023 6:24 PM
its crucial because people take things differently than others. you could make a mom joke abt someone's mom but theres a chance someone wont like it. ill laugh if you make a good mom joke but others won't.
Posted By: Norldgena Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/13/2023 6:31 PM
It's important because a person could be going through the worst moments of their life, and something that you say or do to them as a joke or just to be mean, could make everything 10x worst for them. People overthink, a lot, and something that you said to someone or laughed at them for that, could be eating away at themselves and make them feel bad.
Posted By: Kyle1 Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/13/2023 6:33 PM
its important to know that what you say to someone could in someway insult them/upset them or offends them and/or hurt their feelings in someway and could lead to and/or they could become physically hurt because of what you said, you never know, every single little detail about someone and what there going through and if you do watch what you say and you could help them with your words instead of hurt them.
Posted By: Tjm Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/14/2023 6:00 PM
I do respect this opinion but how do a blind person and deaf suppose to know and see the person who said it
Posted By: offline-dairy Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/16/2023 6:19 PM
I also grew up on phrases like that. It is very important to watch what you do or say.
Posted By: Jayden Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/17/2023 6:27 PM
words can do many things they can hurt or heal people depending who it is an what you say that is why words are the strongest thing out there
Posted By: cameron Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/20/2023 6:01 PM
you dont know what other people are going through so think before you speak.
Posted By: wyatt Re: Sticks and Stones - 11/21/2023 4:28 PM
I agree as well to what your saying, carefully choosing the words that you will say will have a good or bad impact
Posted By: aidan Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/05/2023 6:43 PM
The words we choose and how we use them can build others up or tear them down, bring a community together or rip it apart.
Posted By: Jay C Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/08/2023 7:20 PM
Words hurt no matter if it is a joke or not. There is so much cruel in the world why add more? Treat others how you want to be treated and live your life there is no need to be cruel through your words because you have no idea what demons that other person is fighting.
Posted By: Matthew Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/08/2023 11:15 PM
It is crucial to consider the effects of our words and actions on other people because it affects them emotionally and physically.
Posted By: cameron Re: Sticks and Stones - 12/14/2023 7:23 PM
its important to treat others how u want to be treated
Posted By: cameron Re: Sticks and Stones - 01/22/2024 6:32 PM
always think before u speak words can hurt people more than actions.
Posted By: Diego Re: Sticks and Stones - 01/22/2024 6:33 PM
It is crucial because words have power and can effect someone in a good way or a bad way. You can also change the way people are by how you speak to them. Your actions are the same.
Posted By: celso Re: Sticks and Stones - 01/22/2024 6:40 PM
It is crucial to consider the effects of our words and actions on other people because it affects them emotionally and physically.
Posted By: Jhonatan E Re: Sticks and Stones - 01/22/2024 6:40 PM
I agree that words can hurt more than actions to people's feeling
Posted By: jhmorales Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/22/2024 5:10 PM
Words can hurt or heal people. One wrong word or action can make someone feel a certain way either good or bad.
Posted By: donnyb Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/22/2024 5:27 PM
Because if you don't consider your actions and words you could lose a friend or a life
Posted By: von Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/22/2024 5:56 PM
Because the words we say can bring a person up or tear a person down. You never know how your words can influence someone or tear them down to the last straw.
Posted By: von Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/22/2024 5:57 PM
That is true I fully agree with what you are saying!
Posted By: John Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/23/2024 4:59 PM
It's important because your action can save or kill people
Posted By: yuridia Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/23/2024 5:05 PM
you never know if your friends are real friends but also just think if that freindship is worth it or not and if they are a good person or a bad person
Posted By: Teagen09 Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/23/2024 7:20 PM
because they could harm people.
Posted By: Belma Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/24/2024 1:10 PM
It is important in reason that we do not know what a person is going through, a person could be going through a difficult time without us knowing.
Posted By: summer08 Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/24/2024 5:06 PM
you have tot think before you speak to someone, words can be harmful in a way, you never know how a person could take it.
Posted By: Daniela Re: Sticks and Stones - 04/24/2024 5:09 PM
It's important because it helps someone who is willing to do something dumb.
© Project Phoenix