Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
4,089 Rainbow War
3,257 Respawning?
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics224
Posts1,013
Members112
Most Online195
May 9th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Debate - What should the next school year look like?
matthews #628 05/23/2020 12:17 PM
journeyman
journeyman
think that option 1 is the best to do because everybody is not good enough to do option 2

raulvp20 #629 05/23/2020 4:13 PM
Haha right, I think most students could not not cheat.

Zeke #630 05/23/2020 4:15 PM
elementary schoolers can do easy work at home in my opinion

matthews #631 05/24/2020 9:35 PM
Option 1 is honestly a better choice for reopening the schools again and getting society into motion again. I prefer this since some students would feel more comfortable in a less crowded environment and give everyone a chance to speak up or answer.

1 member likes this: matthews
Ronaldo #633 05/26/2020 10:22 AM
Locutus
Master Engineer
OP Offline
Locutus
Master Engineer
Originally Posted by Ronaldo
elementary schoolers can do easy work at home in my opinion

Now Ronaldo, don't forget that one of the problems we, as a society, are facing is that of child care. Even though the elementary work is easier, who would sit there to redirect them back to their work, or explain the directions? All good points, and I agree. Just throwing another idea out there.

-- Matthews

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana
matthews #737 09/14/2020 7:20 AM
I would go for option 2 because some parents don't understand how to use technology and it would be difficult to help their kids.

matthews #969 10/27/2020 7:58 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by matthews
Debating Real World Issues

Theme: What should the next school year look like?

With the importance of social distancing during the pandemic, what will the new normal look like for our schools?

Think about it. Is it even possible to keep a six foot distance between desks in a classroom of 20 computers? How would lunch work?

Here are two ideas to consider.

Option 1: Have an A day/B day schedule, where the year rolls along with alternating sets of students. Half of the student population would go to school on A day, the other half of the student population would go to school on B day. This would effectively cut the size of every class in half, making social distancing more possible.

Option 2: The elementary school children need the most hands on help right now. Middle and High school students are more mature, and can better adapt to online classes. All of the middle and high school buildings could be used as elementary schools so that our youngest kids can get the start they need. This would also help fill a child-care void for parents who need to work.

What are your thoughts? Where do you stand on this topic? Do you have another idea for us to consider? Support your answer!

Now looking at this post makes me think if we should have done the option for the elementary kids. They honestly need it the most. I have a 7-year-old brother who has yet to learn a single thing in school this year because all he is getting are packets of review from things they learned last year. This coronavirus thing has gotten too far, who knows when it will end. Things will never be the same afterward.

Last edited by Amateos10; 10/27/2020 7:59 PM.
Amateos10 #974 10/28/2020 2:24 PM
Locutus
Master Engineer
OP Offline
Locutus
Master Engineer
Originally Posted by Amateos10
[quote=matthews]Debating Real World Issues
Now looking at this post makes me think if we should have done the option for the elementary kids. They honestly need it the most. I have a 7-year-old brother who has yet to learn a single thing in school this year because all he is getting are packets of review from things they learned last year. This coronavirus thing has gotten too far, who knows when it will end. Things will never be the same afterward.

It is interesting to re-visit this topic now that we're approaching the end of the first 9 weeks. I'd have to agree with you Abe! My son is in second grade, and the hoops the small children have to jump through are tremendous! Plus, they really do need the social interaction in order to fully develop!

-- Matthews

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
FranklinJB, prmatthews24, Msantizo, Mariola, brandon
112 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Jesse 11