Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,944 Rainbow War
1,929 Respawning?
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics171
Posts774
Members106
Most Online195
May 9th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Whats going on in the world
#636 05/31/2020 4:19 PM
monte Offline OP
OP Offline
I am at loss for words with what´s going on in the world today. A lot of people, young and old, have lost their lives to Covid-19. I understand the reason behind the peaceful protests, but it really bothers me too see people looting. burning vehicles and buildings. Communities are being destroyed and people are hurting.

Re: Whats going on in the world
monte #637 06/01/2020 2:00 AM
journeyman
journeyman
What's going on right now in Minneapolis more than terrible it is vexing to see the people that took an oath to "protect and serve" us as minors. The fact that we have to go and riot and protest just to get the justice that we deserve not just as African American's, but as citizen's of the united states. That's not the only issue of the world right now and we can't keep publicizing the issues that come up with the most controversy. We keep switching topics and conflicts but do the same thing as a solution; if you riot and protest violently to get what you want is the solution really any better than the issue. Peace is not accomplished by one party winning peace is us all being humane enough too accept that we our all have different point of views In this life; coming to a universal compromise.

monte #639 06/02/2020 10:33 AM
journeyman
journeyman
With everything going with the virus and the riots i feel like it just would be better if people stop burning buildings down and the violence. Nothings ever going to get done if there fighting the police. If there nor peacful about it i feel like it would be much better .

monte #641 06/02/2020 10:50 AM
journeyman
journeyman
the world right now is in a terrible place because of COVID-19 and all of the protest and looting and people are being hurt because of it. i just hope soon we can go back to normal

monte #642 06/02/2020 10:59 AM
journeyman
journeyman
i think that this is a highly overexaggerated situation but it should be feared but not this crazy

monte #643 06/02/2020 1:34 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Allot of things are going on in the world that we can't heal.

monte #644 06/02/2020 2:27 PM
monte Offline OP
OP Offline
I hope everything goes back to normal before thing get worst

monte #645 06/02/2020 3:39 PM
I believe that this country is going downhill fast. The people don't realize the damage these riots are really causing. They have burned down places that teens work, trying to start their life. They have burned down businesses that people have worked for their whole life. These people should be put into jail. They are not justifying anything by doing this. That officer (I think) is in jail and should stay there for his whole life. There have also been studies on masks being worn; from the results, it shows that masks do not help anything. I believe that there is no stopping this disease. They should not quarantine, it is slowing the process. It would be better to let it play out so that everything can get back to normal. This way everyone would be immune to the disease. Only 6% of people that have been confirmed to have covid-19 have actually died. I know this because there have been 6.06 million cases confirmed so far, but only 371,000 have actually died. That's not a lot when you get down to the math. This whole thing is so blown out of the water.

monte #646 06/02/2020 5:15 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
It all went downhill very quickly. It went from peaceful protesting to destroying buildings and looting stores. There's no point in violent protesting, as it just makes you look even worse. The problems in the world aren't being solved this way, and in fact more problems are occurring because of this. I agree with the peaceful protesting, but the destroying of buildings and looting is far too overboard. The solution won't come this way, and I feel we should stop before it's too late.

monte #649 06/03/2020 8:10 AM
Locutus
Master Engineer
Online Content
Locutus
Master Engineer
Only 6% of people that have been confirmed to have covid-19 have actually died.

This may sound like a very small number, but compared to the seasonal flu, it's astronomical. From our assignment this week, we talked about per capita calculations and the per 100,000 number that the CDC uses to compare statistics. Here are some stats to put the seriousness of COVID-19 into perspective.

[Linked Image]

The seasonal flu has a mortality rate of 2 people out of 100,000.

[Linked Image]

These are the stats for COVID-19, and this is only after a few months..not the entire flu season. Belgium's mortality rate is 83.05 people out of 100,000. Again, very small numbers..but compare that to the 2 from influenza.

Numbers aside, one of the most perplexing aspects of all of this is the wide range of severity to the disease. How can someone spread a virus and not have any symptoms, while another healthy person can get the virus and succumb to it quickly... We haven't seen anything like this in our life times.

-- Matthews

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana
monte #651 06/03/2020 10:35 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Everything is going downhill so fast. Are people even protesting for their lives or just doing it to cause violence and harm? Not all cops are bad. Everything going on now is based off how parents raised their children. I'm glad we are starting to enter new phase of opening back up though, even though it is unsafe to go out to some places, especially across the bay. We were starting to return to normal then all this protesting and crap started happening.

livin.jay #652 06/04/2020 2:38 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Scientists are studying a previous virus to make a vacine for the Coronavirus.

monte #653 06/04/2020 2:46 PM
Well to start off we almost had a ww3, we had that massive fire in Astralia, coronavirus, protests, and so much more that wasn't needed this year. The killings that all of these white racists cops have done should not be taught to our future generations of kids and honestly irt should have been started at all. All races matter no matter what colour they are.

monte #655 06/04/2020 9:23 PM
Borders have slammed shut, schools, and businesses have closed increasingly draconian restrictions. Protesters are destroying buildings and many things.

monte #657 06/05/2020 6:38 AM
monte Offline OP
OP Offline
It seem like people have forgotten all about the virus you barely hear them talk about it.All they talk about is the riots etc how is burning buildings down going to help get us back on track all it doing is making things worst.

monte #659 06/05/2020 2:29 PM
Quick to say that the protest aren't the only thing happening but COVID-19 as well. We have had many things happening this year with nothing in the world to tell us that things will get better. These riots and looting should be stopped as it has nothing to do with the protesting but only an excuse for people to loot stores and business which just leads to the city being destroyed. Protesting peacefully is not wrong in any way but the thought of needing to go out for something that shouldn't even be happening. We have long sinced aged the times were things like this don't go on but there are people out there still wanting to share there beliefs and actions which can end up hurting many. COVID-19 is the least of there worries when they have something they want to say and believe in and that's equality for all especially for those that are suffering for being something they couldn't control. We may be suffering from the virus still but whether we like it or not we haven't really been close to finding any sort of treatment or cure for it. Whether we stay home or not COVID-19 will still get to those who are not catious or care about there lives and loved one. Therefore we cannot do much but rely on something better from all of this choas in the U.S. right now.

monte #661 06/05/2020 5:43 PM
journeyman
journeyman
It seem like people have forgotten all about the virus you barely hear them talk about it.. Protesters are destroying buildings and many things.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (matthews, Devaughn, Demitrius, Ariaston), 1 guest and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ElvisYahir, bsllang24, Demitrius, bryanl2314, Jonathan
106 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Grace 5
Alex 5
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19