Member Spotlight
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics (Views)
35,720 Motivation
17,608 Rainbow War
Top Posters (30 Days)
John 4
Belma 3
shayla 1
von 1
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics530
Posts2,472
Members202
Most Online366
Nov 11th, 2023
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ghast
OP Offline
Ghast
The Topic
What are the potential dangers of creating a superintelligent AI?  Is artificial intelligence a threat to humanity?

Agree? Disagree? Support your opinion with examples!

Last edited by matthews; 02/07/2023 9:06 AM.

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Christian Nestell Bovee
Ben Offline
Sheep
Sheep
I'm not sure about it I did see that one movie with Will Smith I think it was called iRobot. It was kinda freaky. I'd definitely want to be careful about it.

Wolf
Wolf
I disagree with the idea that artificial intelligence will be a net positive for humanity as a whole. While there will be some benefits to people in their daily lives, the more frightening applications of it raise a large amount of concerns. For example, an AI could easily spy on citizens, deanonymize people by logging information about them, and could even flag people "guilty" of wrongdoing and report them to government agencies. The net negatives of the field of AI far outweigh the positives which are more superficial in their application comparatively. Essentially, while our lives might get a bit easier with things such as self driving cars, the sheer loss of privacy and the destruction of one's sense of security is enough to offset the positives of the field.

Wolf
Wolf
I think it will eventually reach a point where AI will become indistinguishable from human intelligence but even if it gets only a fraction of the way to human intelligence it will be extraordinarily useful for things like prediction of weather and other such unknown systems.

Wolf
Wolf
I will disagree that artificial intelligence will totally help humanity. The benefits of this idea are fairly great. Although, having the mind of a human, anything can go wrong. It can malfunction and do something chaotic. Their system can also become corrupted or overwhelmed. This topic has benefits but the idea can also be dangerous!

Sheep
Sheep
I think AI will help humanity to a certain extent. But they can also tear it down. Anyone can program it. So, they might become weapons. Meaning they would just bring us down. Also, what if they slowly get a mind of their own? That can be scary. We have all seen it happen in movies. Somebody will trigger one, and then it'll be robots vs. humans. Although, yes they are very helpful, they're also kind of scary when you think about it.

Spider
Spider
I feel as if AI's are good in a small form such as Alexa, Siri, and Amazon robots but AI's in a human form is a little scarier because if it chooses to do something else you can't stop it unless you have the right technology.

Wolf
Wolf
In my opinion AI can be good at points but as it is now is it enough, with Alexa, Siri, and Google. They're using AI as weapons for war which is fine also. But to the point where a robot could possibly roam the world? Follow you everywhere, serve you're food? I can't even think right about it. It could be robots against humans, who would win?

Spider
Spider
That reminds me of a movie where humans made AI's in mass production they took over the world and the remaining humans left. Eventually, the AI's had dreams of "Aliens" coming to kill them but under the suit, it was just normal humans.

Zombie
Zombie
I agree at some degree that the development of AI will help humanity in some ways but it's kinda creep and scary how it will turn out in the future. In the most part I agree because AI can take us to a new genertaion of technology for example AI can get us to new places outside this planet they can also perform dangerous things that normal human beings can't do.

Last edited by Sergio; 02/02/2022 12:53 PM.
Sheep
Sheep
i would like for it to be real but it will probably not in my live time

Sheep
Sheep
no i do not want that to be real
it would be wearied to know that people could spy on you

Wolf
Wolf
I feel that AI is helpful but should remain as a small fraction. It could lead to humans becoming lazy, dependent, and just downgrading back to where we started.

Wolf
Wolf
I think that artificial intelligence should not be taken to another level because eventually it can cause damage to the community

Chicken
Chicken
I think AI will take over the world

Chicken
Chicken
in my opinion i think that artificial intelligence should not be taken to another level because eventually it can cause damage to the community

Sheep
Sheep
I think AIs are helpful but they should not be taken to another level eventually they might take over and destroy(opinion)

Wolf
Wolf
I disagree, Soon AI will take over the world.

Sheep
Sheep
I disagree, think AI is good where it is at right now. Eventually, it's going to get out of hand, and will destroy the world we live in today.

Sheep
Sheep
I agree that AI will help humans to a certain point but at some point the development needs to stop because it's gonna get to the point where it will put humans out of jobs and I believe it will make society too lazy.

Spider
Spider
I agree that intelligence helps every human person
because without intelligence no one can achieve their goals.

Wolf
Wolf
I will disagree that artificial intelligence will totally help humanity. The benefits of this idea are fairly great. Although, having the mind of a human, anything can go wrong. It can malfunction and do something chaotic. Their system can also become corrupted or overwhelmed. This topic has benefits but the idea can also be dangerous!

?????????
Spider
Spider
I think artificial intelligence will be beneficial because of all the ways we could solve problems. Computers will be better about weighing pros and cons and will not be biased in their decision making. However, AI's growth should be monitored, as unwanted side effects may arise.

Sheep
Sheep
I believe that human can create a AI that is capable of great and amazing idea and invention and have their own emotions. I believe creating that level of intelligent does come with a price but we can over come though obstacle. We can create a AI that can exists with the human race.

DJ Offline
Wolf
Wolf
I agree that the development of Artificial Intelligence(AI) would help out with humanity because with the use of AI would change the way we live today!
Just some examples:

With the use of AI in our society today would allow us to improve weather forecasting in a different way that we would normally do today.
For example Robots(AI) can survive where no human can, in places like deep space, the oceanic benthos, or inside a radioactive reactor.
And AI techniques can be used to identify which transactions are likely to be fraudulent, adopt fast and accurate credit scoring, as well as automate manually intense data management tasks.

Somebody toucha my spaghet
Chicken
Chicken
i disagree that artificial intelligence will help mankind it would help and many way such as weather forecasting information telling and many other thing but there is most likely have more down sides cause they could be use as weapons

Sheep
Sheep
I believe AI have good and bad in both senses. It may improves society and help make what we can an "ideal world". Also, AI can develop like our brain and get smarter and more powerful beyond human comprehension. I'm not saying they going to takeover the world, but I am saying they're opening a can that don't need to be opened. Hopefully, what we have in store is all for the greater good.

Sheep
Sheep
I am going to stay neutral in this case, the AI would be helpful to humanity but it would also be a threat to us cause on wrong malfunction we're as good as grass, but the AI would be great for the younger kids cause they can do all sorts of activities with them when the older sibling or someone in the house doesn't want to do anything. I believe they can restore humanity hopefully but I am for sure that won't happen until another 10-20 years.

Wolf
Wolf
I disagree that artificial intelligence will help humanity. I think that they will destroy humanity more than helping is. Why I think this? Because there will be no more jobs for real people. People could lose jobs. People in the future will depend on artificial intelligence and I think that they would not do stuff for them self. artificial intelligence is good but not in everything.

Wolf
Wolf
As of right now, I think artificial intelligence would be very helpful and useful. But later in the future, as technology advances more and more, I feel any AI could possibly really badly malfunction and cause a lot of problems for us. Like an AI uprising or something along those lines. So I believe once something like that starts to happen, it should maybe be taken care of right away before it could get worse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Isaiah blackwell, Daniela, Emi Yamamoto, von, w rizz 22
202 Registered Users
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9