Member Spotlight
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics (Views)
35,720 Motivation
17,608 Rainbow War
Top Posters (30 Days)
John 4
Belma 3
shayla 1
von 1
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics530
Posts2,472
Members202
Most Online366
Nov 11th, 2023
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#157 02/16/2021 8:52 AM
Ghast
OP Offline
Ghast
Your friend tells you that they committed a crime. They explain that they are having trouble sleeping at night and feel you are the only one they can trust with their confession. A few days later, you read in the paper that someone has been arrested for your friend’s crime. Do you:

Telling a Secret
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 02/16/2021 8:52 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by matthews; 02/16/2021 9:00 AM.

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Christian Nestell Bovee
Sheep
Sheep
I wouldn't rat my friend out like that. On top of that, the sleepless nights and them living with what they did is punishment enough. Poor guy who got arrested though, I'd just hope the court system doesn't suck as much as it probably would and the guy gets proven innocent.

Sheep
Sheep
it means a great sum to me when one of my friends or just anybody confides in me, and for my friend to have trusted me with such a thing I wouldn't want to betray them like that. Although I would most definitely try to steer them in the right direction, there is only so much I could do. Only they can come clean in the end, it's definitely not my place to tell their business out like so.

Sheep
Sheep
I chose to go to the police and tell them what I know because you can't withheld the truth from the police and if you do you could get in trouble.

Sheep
Sheep
I chose to encourage them to turn themselves in because it would be the right thing to do and when they do turn themselves in I wouldn't feel guilty for turning my friend in.

Chicken
Chicken
if he got himself or herself into it they can get out of it.

Jakob-William Jackson
Chicken
Chicken
i feel like if my friend commited a murder and someone innocent was framed for it, he should confess or me or someone would step in. i love all of my friends but there shouldnt have to be someones life on the line espically if now you know, that makes you included. if i could choose i wouldnt want to know at all but in this case its unfair.

Chicken
Chicken
Because people need second chances, if they dont take it then thats on them you tried.

Wolf
Wolf
I chose to encourage him to confess by himself because he would not be feeling guilty and by confessing he would be able to sleep at nights. If my friend doesn't tell the police I would do it because if I don't say nothing I can be accused of being guilty because I knew who commit the crime but I didn't say nothing.

Last edited by Grace; 02/18/2021 9:09 AM.
Sheep
Sheep
You shouldn't tell secrets like it's if they want to turn themselves in on their own free will. Yes, it's wrong that someone else is doing their time, but your friend dodged a bullet with getting caught. The person who was arrested probably beat it from insufficient evidence, but nonetheless your friend's trust in you to keep it in is more important than telling.

1 member likes this: Maiki
Zombie
Zombie
I would encourage my friend to confess what he has done because its right thing to do but also cause the longer he waits the more trouble he's going to be in.

Wolf
Wolf
I wouldn't snitch on my friend like that, because they trust me. Them already feeling extremely bad because of it is enough. Also maybe they'll tell the police themselves if it's too much for them.

Sheep
Sheep
I wouldn't snitch on my friend like that but I will encourage to tell the truth because it's the right thing to do.

Wolf
Wolf
I would encourage them to confess because of how serious the situation is. an innocent man is locked up for the friends' crime and that must be very upsetting to the mans family.

Sheep
Sheep
I chose to encourage my friend to confess and warn him if he does not do so, I'd tell just because no one should be at fault for someone else's wrong doing but I'd rather convince my friend to confess as much as I could so I wouldn't have to snitch.

Chicken
Chicken
i would encourage my friend to confess because if you confess normally you dont get in as uch trouble as getting cought

Sheep
Sheep
I think I would encourage my friend to confess so that he would be content with the consequences and it would be a little easier on me and them

Sussy Fortnite hamburger
Sheep
Sheep
I would encourage him to turn himself in because its the right thing to do.

Sheep
Sheep
I'd try to encourage my friend to give themselves up, and if they don't, I am not willing to allow an innocent bystander to be convicted in their place, so I would turn them in myself. It's even in criminal law as Blackstone's ratio: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"
If the law is doing their job properly, they'd catch my friend in the first place, most of my friends are dumb. However, if the case turns to having an innocent taking the place of my friend, I would turn my friend in, despite the fact that they trusted me, before that said innocent's trial.

1 member likes this: matthews
Sheep
Sheep
I wouldn't say anything because it doesn't involve me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chicken
Chicken
I would encourage him to do the right thing and turn himself in.

Wolf
Wolf
I would encourage my friend to confess because it's the right thing, and if my friend does not confess I would. it's not fair that another person would be accused because of that persons fault.

Chicken
Chicken
i wouldn't really want to snitch on a friend that trusts me. i would just hope the person arrested stays safe.

Chicken
Chicken
I wouldn't save anything to anyone.

Spider
Spider
I would encourage my friend to confess and do the right thing. If he doesn't, I'll go to the police because it's not fair the the accused.

Sheep
Sheep
Well if I had to choice I would have chosen " it all depends on the crime or the reason why." It hard to choose a choice with out more information but for now I chosen to courge him to confess. Because even though he "did" the crime he feels guilt that other person is getting arrested because of his mistake. Over the years of history many people were framed or locked away because people can't take responesible for what they done.

Ghast
OP Offline
Ghast
Originally Posted by Rawlings
Well if I had to choice I would have chosen " it all depends on the crime or the reason why." It hard to choose a choice with out more information but for now I chosen to courge him to confess. Because even though he "did" the crime he feels guilt that other person is getting arrested because of his mistake. Over the years of history many people were framed or locked away because people can't take responesible for what they done.

Well said, Rawlings! There's a big difference between "stole a loaf of bread" and "took another's life". I think more information is definitely needed!

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Christian Nestell Bovee
Sheep
Sheep
tbh i wouldnt really say nothin cus like they say what turns around comes around so i wouldnt say anything because karma will find him or her easy so just let karma do the work.

Wolf
Wolf
damienn - well I know not to tell you anything lol. To add to what you said about Blackstone's ratio: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer". I see where you're coming from but I totally do not agree. If you actually think about it and go more into depth on that statement, it's like if you were a policeman in a crowd. 10 being criminals, the rest being innocent bystanders. Would you rather those criminals be caught and innocent individual be accidentally shot, or would you want to be so careful not to shoot the individual, that the criminals escape? To be, or not to be, that is the question.

1 member likes this: matthews
Sheep
Sheep
i agree with that entirely. selling out your friends like that is almost as bad as making an assignment where we have to reply to other peoples conversations meaningfully.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Isaiah blackwell, Daniela, Emi Yamamoto, von, w rizz 22
202 Registered Users
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9