Member Spotlight
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics (Views)
36,358 Motivation
17,829 Rainbow War
Top Posters (30 Days)
John 4
Belma 1
Susana 1
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics530
Posts2,472
Members202
Most Online366
Nov 11th, 2023
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Wolf
Wolf
Social Media has some uses, although the uses won't matter to most people. Sometimes artists use social media to spread their work, spread their name or just give themselves some confidence in art, although some people use it bully or mentally harm a person. While social media should be limited to a degree, to some people, social media is a way for people to communicate to either friends from real life or from some random server or game.

?????????
Wolf
Wolf
I agree with the metaphor that social media is a double-edged sword. A con of social media is that it would decrease people's communication skills. Another con would be that it negatively affects a person's social behavior. A pro would be that social media helps people reach each other faster when in need of help, advice, information, etc. So socially is something that you have to know how to use and acknowledge that it is not a need in our daily lives.

Brayan #794 10/21/2021 11:40 AM
Zombie
Zombie
I also agree with that the social media can have some pros and cons. communication skills will decrease at some point but it is also convenient and faster as well. It would feel weird not talking through your friends in some type of texting app or social media.

Sheep
Sheep
Social Media can be used for entertainment, talking to other people, and many more things. But sometimes social media can turn into a dangerous website or app where people can rob you of personal information or get your location of where you live. Including, that people don't do anything productive in their lives because they would rather be on social media than focus on something important.

Sheep
Sheep
But there exist essential advantages, social networks can also offer platforms for bullying and exclusion, unrealistic expectations about body image and sources of popularity, normalization of risk-taking behaviors, and might be detrimental to mental health. Using social media more often, though, increases FOMO and feelings of inadequacy, dissatisfaction, and isolation. In turn, these feelings negatively affect your mood and worsen symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress.

Sheep
Sheep
I think social medias good for the environment. You can do a lot with social media like keep in contact with your family and friends or play video games

yes Offline
Sheep
Sheep
Social media is beneficial as it has advanced us to be able to send messages and videos to people who could be several hundred miles away. It's also good for learning breaking news when it happens or checking the weather.

Wolf
Wolf
Social Media is good because you can talk with people around the world and hear about other views, but it can exaggerate things more than needed, I believe social media has more pros than cons, just imagine there was no way to talk to a family member across the world because there's no social media.

Sheep
Sheep
I think that social media brings more danger/harm than good. Social media is good when communicating with others or when getting information or other necessary stuff, but apart from that, I think that social media is a bad thing. There's so much bad stuff over social media. There's also cyberbullying and much drama and other bad stuff. It can lead to many other things like hospitals or even death.

Chicken
Chicken
Social media can be helpful to get information out, share your ideas, and even expanding your business. But it can also give u a fake image, everything u see on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc, most of the time it's not even real or staged they just lie for views and clout.

Sheep
Sheep
Social media can be good and all that But there exist fundamental benefits, social networks can also provide platforms for bullying and exclusion, unrealistic expectations about body image and sources of popularity, normalization of risk-taking behaviors, and may be detrimental to mental health. So media is harmful in so many ways like bullying, addiction, and so many more things.

Sheep
Sheep
Social media has brought its impact on people like a storm and some make it thier entire way of living. Social media does promote positivity but the negatives severely outweigh the positives.

Sheep
Sheep
i think social media is a bad thing because its a lot of drama and photoshopped pictures. making people insecure and starting fights

Sheep
Sheep
social media can help us communicate us with people we know like family members in another country. we can communicate with our friends.

Sheep
Sheep
although there are important pros to social media, some platforms provide spaces for bullying causing others to be harmed mentally, even turning to physically,it can also cause people to be drawn away from the outside world and forget whats real or not.

Sheep
Sheep
although social media is helpful in ways t is also harmful because alot of drama and cyberbullying can happen

Sheep
Sheep
Social medias are absolutely horrible. They trick young minds into falling for others with a cartoon profile picture and then who knows what horrible things could happen next! I wish we were back in the old days when we knew exactly who everyone was!! People read BOOKS! Not silly eye-burning scribbles on a screen! Kids these days..

Sheep
Sheep
I do believe social media causes more harm then good because it can ruin relationships, people get bullied, people can compare themselves to unrealistic images.

Sheep
Sheep
I think social media has more cons than pros. Social media can be an amazing asset to someone's life but also can be someone's worst asset. Although social media can help someone's life by helping businesses, fame, news, etc. Social media can also brainwash and make something so irregular become the new normal. I think social media has really brainwashed people, especially young, impressional kids. I think social media is good but there definitely needs to be a limit on how much screentime people get.

Sheep
Sheep
Social media is considered to be one of the most popular platforms on the whole internet (well, I mean- with all the funny animal videos, who could blame them?). It claims to bring people together from faraway places, it's a place to make online friends, and it makes people famous, sounds great, right? Well, for starters, addiction. People become obsessed with their devices, craving for each little view, comment, or like on their video, desperately following nonsensical trends, or doing idiotic challenges so they possibly get a chance at stardom. Not only that but facades. People like models, streamers, or influencers make it easy for younger people to compare themselves to an unrealistic standard, leading to depression or unhealthy habits, when in reality, the influencers use a filter to make themself look younger and prettier. My final argument is attention span. There are 8 billion people on Earth, and 2.35 billion people are active monthly users on Instagram. Crazy, right? What if I told you that's the number of people who watch Instagram reels for hours a day? That is the number of people who mindlessly scroll on their phones, watching these 30-second videos, and sometimes not having the patience to even finish that, just scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling. As a result of these Reels, attention spans among younger generations have hit an all-time low.

Chicken
Chicken
social media can be good and bad, it can let people know wats going on around the world but can case problem there are scams and cyber bullies. as long as your smart with what you do scial media can be good

Chicken
Chicken
Social media causes more harm then good because people like to make fun of people.

Chicken
Chicken
Social media is bad when people try to bring each other down.

Sheep
Sheep
to some degree yes as in it wastes peoples time and they get sucked into it and scroll it for hours and hours and some people hear things that they dont exactly want to hear about themselves on the other hand it is the source of some peoples happiness and joy mabey even the only source of it that they have in their whole life

Chicken
Chicken
I dont believe that video games and social media is bad because you get to meet people and friends from all over the world and if they're being rude you can just kick them from the party

Sheep
Sheep
A lot of people use social media as a source of income and some people use social media as intertanment.

Sheep
Sheep
I agree with this statement cause social media is a great way to stay in contact with your friends that you don't get to see every day.

Sheep
Sheep
I agree with this statement cause social media is a great way to stay in contact with your friends that you don't get to see every day.

Chicken
Chicken
Social media is a very difficult topic for our generation today to discus. I grew up with social media so I've never experienced a time were it wasn't needed but when my mom tell me stories before the internet existed i never understood how older people now survived then.

Sheep
Sheep
social media is stupid because of all the hate in all of them it make people doubt themselves and sometimes cause people to bring death upon themselves.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 43 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Isaiah blackwell, Daniela, Emi Yamamoto, von, w rizz 22
202 Registered Users
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9