Member Spotlight
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics (Views)
35,720 Motivation
17,608 Rainbow War
Top Posters (30 Days)
John 4
Belma 3
shayla 1
von 1
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics530
Posts2,472
Members202
Most Online366
Nov 11th, 2023
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#279 03/22/2021 11:03 AM
Ghast
OP Offline
Ghast
The Question: Social media brings more harm than good?

Social media is often considered as a two-edged sword. The pros and cons are numerous, and they could make for a strong debate. While it does provide a way for people to connect and communicate, too much social media can also diminish real-life relationships as people focus on their virtual connections. There is also the issue of data gathering and privacy encroachments, which are real concerns for many people.

Share your opinion on this!

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Christian Nestell Bovee
Wolf
Wolf
Social Media is great for people that realize that most of the time it isn't real. Usually what happens is, people will start comparing themselves to that person (whether it be looks, or money) and then doubt themselves because they aren't there or they don't look like them. Social Media has more cons than pros, and everybody should take a break from it once in a while.

Sheep
Sheep
Social Media is harmful because a hacker could hack into your information, cyber bullying, and an increased risk of depression.

Last edited by stferguson21; 03/23/2021 12:10 PM.
Sheep
Sheep
Social Media has some uses, although the uses won't matter to most. Sometimes artists use social media to spread their work, spread their name or just give themselves some confidence in art, although some people use it to get a dose of dopamine, which then makes social media more of a drug than the platform, it doesn't help that many of the platforms reinforces people using social media like a drug. While social media should be limited to a degree, to some people, social media is a way for people to communicate to either friends from real life or from some random server or game. Too much social media could be harmful, yet most of us use it to stay updated to current events or news, so it would also be our way of staying in touch, as you stated, it is a "double edged sword."

Sheep
Sheep
Social Media is a good way to keep up with whats going on with the world and a good way to keep in touch with a friend. Although, there is some cons to this it all depends on how you take it

Chicken
Chicken
social media can be harmful for those that don't know how to use it because if you don't know how to use it it can become an addiction which can lead to you staying up all night obsessed with other peoples lives. but it can also be useful for news, trends, etc.

Last edited by marcos; 03/23/2021 12:06 PM.
Sheep
Sheep
Social media is good for people who control how much information they give out and for people who don't compare themselves to others. outside of that it is harmful in of how it lets people develop envy over others and start to feel insecure as they aren't like that person they see. on top of that, many people give out too much personal information leading to a higher risk of hacking or something else equally bad happening to them.

Myles #291 03/23/2021 1:10 PM
Sheep
Sheep
I agree, some people don't know how to act when they see somebody else flashing their money or looks and get all jealous.

Sheep
Sheep
I think social media is a good thing and a bad thing because it helps you reconnect to other and find funny videos or something that you like, and its also bad because people can harass and you and cyberbully you if they see something that they didn't like that you posted or did.

Zombie
Zombie
I believe that social media brings both harm and good to us. Some ways it could be a harm is that it can be too addictive and it can draw away of person to person socializing. It can also affect maybe your vision i think. Some good ways it can help is contacting people from far laces instead of communicating with them personally so it's easier to send a text message to that person.

Chicken
Chicken
I believe social media has a lot of goods and a lot of bads. Cyber bullying is on of the worse things on social media that can cause serious harm to people and there needs to be a end to it. Social media wasn't invented for someone to call another person names it was meant to bring people closer together and share their life with everyone. I do think that social media can be a toxic place but can also be a great and relaxing thing to do.

Sheep
Sheep
Social media is great because it helps you stay connected with friends and family. I for example have a Facebook (god help me) for keeping in contact with my uncle. The downside is that if you're not careful with your account, people could steal your information

Sussy Fortnite hamburger
Wolf
Wolf
Social media can lead to decreased self-esteem. Many people choose to make their lives seem very glamorous on social media and only put their best foot forward. While this may not be the reality, this leaves others to feel their lives aren’t good enough.Social media is a big outlet for cyberbullying among teenagers. Cyberbullies can use the mask of the Internet to taunt others with no real interaction. This leaves those on the other side of the screen to feel the same effects as a real-life event with less effort put in by the bully.

Myles #307 03/31/2021 8:05 PM
Wolf
Wolf
I think that social media brings more harm than good. Yes, yes there are good things like cat videos and puppies but things you say and do can come back to bite you many years later. I think that life was much better before everyone had social media and stuff, 8 and 9-year-olds are on these platforms dancing and acting like they’re 17, 18 years old. When my sibling and I were younger all we had to do to have the time of our lives was little things like seeing how far we could jump and building forts. Now we have cyberbullying, deepweb, darkweb, vulgar content, and scams. On that note, with social media, you really never know who you’re talking to. That pretty girl you think your gonna marry someday could be a male murderer. anything you say today could affect how you get a job in your 40’s. There is little good that can come from social media, in my opinion.

Sheep
Sheep
Social media has caused people to be more dependent on checking their phones. Additionally, a person could take a break from social media for a period of time. This would provide a vacation to the toxicity of the platforms. While not all social media is negative, its influence is harmful to many people.

Wolf
Wolf
I think social media brings harm to people, especially to teenagers. Being so much time on social media does not allow them to do their daily tasks.

Sheep
Sheep
Social media is so bittersweet. It's such a great way to influence and get in touch with people. It should be able to give a positive impact. The bad side of this platform is mostly from people being so dependent or attention craving that they'll do anything to get out there on each platform. Then, you have a hypothetical sea, where there are the sharks(the people with destroy and use it for the wrong reasons), and the fishes(the regular people posting and browsing), but like the sea, you'll never know what's in there unless you look. The radical can be effective, but influencing it make people accustom to chaos, and people feel hate is a better trend than positivity.

1 member likes this: elisabeth
Chicken
Chicken
I hate social media.

Jakob-William Jackson
Spider
Spider
I think social media is a good and bad thing. It is a good way to connect with your friends, but can also be used as a platform for cyberbullying, which. obviously, is a bad thing. There are certain things that can help in that situation, like reporting or blocking, but the problem will always be there, and there isn't much we can do about it, other than deleting social media.

Sheep
Sheep
I would say social media is a very toxic and hostile environment in many cases especially on twitter, it may be good in some cases but in my opinion the bad out-weighs the good.

Chicken
Chicken
I believe that social media is a good thing. It allows people to stay connected with friends and family, it also helps to get to know new people and its a good alternative to meeting in person when covid is going around.

Sheep
Sheep
I think social media is good because you can communicate with friends or family and also meet new people. Social media is also bad because it can be addictive for teenagers and they won't do the things they're suppose to do.

Sheep
Sheep
Personally, I see social media as something good, as of right now. Like was said before, It has it's cons. But I like to see it as with every pro, it's likely to come a con. If there wasn't a bad, we wouldn't truly be able to be able to feel, and understand or appreciate the good within. I think it's good for many reason, one being it helps spread awareness, in many way, on issues that people tend to block out, or just would never know about. Also, It helps people make money easier, in there own and unique way. Talents become know, people are heard, and we can be happy.

Sheep
Sheep
social media is great its just how people handle it. like it could be good but also bad becuase some people out here are psycopaths and so sum dumb stuff on here but for school wise its good

Mack #435 05/09/2021 8:12 PM
Wolf
Wolf
mack - I love your form of words. In today's society we indubitably see people choosing to write one short sentence with no meaning when asked to pour out their heart and soul onto a page. I cannot lie and say I haven't done the same in text. Alas, I am too swamped with schoolwork to respond to a text, I may. But enough about me, you are giving off strong poetic signals and I can tell you have an effulgent future ahead of you

Sheep
Sheep
I will admit, as someone who is scrolling through social media or playing communitive games social media is one of the most dangerous places for anyone. What I mean by that is you will often get exposed to vulgar topics or content, content that even you didn't mean to see just because the pure curiosity of others. Though there's very many pros to the internet even if you are not on big social media sites a lot, instance being you can search up information for a project, or plan ahead of time for a vacation. There's also being able to communicate with your friends from long distances so you two could always continue to talk. Conclusion being to to just be careful on the internet being firs introduced to it.

Sheep
Sheep
Social Media is very dangerous and even though I will sit and be on social media for a unnecessary amount of time I still think social media is not a good place for anyone especially if your very young or something. Social media is very toxic also. It's so many dangers and creeps and bullies on there it's crazy. Sometimes you'll need a good break from social media. Being off social media I will say it definitely lifts a weight off your shoulder. I think i might just take a break from it myself.

Wolf
Wolf
I think that social media is dangerous and can be very detrimental to your life. Firstly as stated above social media is a kind of drug but many people don't know that when you use social media like that you become less patient and cant hold on to ideas for very long.

shawn #785 10/20/2021 7:48 AM
Sheep
Sheep
I agree that it got for school and for family purposes. It can help people stay in touch with one another. Businesses get free promotion through their self-represented pages. News flowing everywhere on social media before every click you take. The good can out weight that bad when you look at it in a positive aspect.

Meaningful replies

Last edited by Mack; 10/20/2021 7:49 AM.
Wolf
Wolf
I believe that social media brings more harm than good. On social media, people like to paint a picture of themselves for their audience. When in real life, that's not really them. So many people pretend to be something they're not to please the folks that are watching. This can lead to drama, violence, and even worse. The internet is where people feel to be able to do or say whatever they want, some things are acceptable while others are not. Social media takes people away from reality and it will not take long before most of us become "social media praised".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Isaiah blackwell, Daniela, Emi Yamamoto, von, w rizz 22
202 Registered Users
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9