Member Spotlight
MrTwix
MrTwix
Nom Nom Nom City
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics (Views)
35,598 Motivation
17,565 Rainbow War
Top Posters (30 Days)
John 4
Belma 3
shayla 1
von 1
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics530
Posts2,472
Members202
Most Online366
Nov 11th, 2023
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Scientists at the University of Buffalo have published a paper outlining a way to detect deepfake images by looking at the reflection in the eyes to see if it's consistent. This interests me because I like to decipher real from fake and I am into paranormal stuff and things like lucid dreaming. With more and more things becoming of today's world it is hard to tell the difference between fact and fiction.

https://www.cnet.com/news/deepfakes...ight-reflections-in-eyes-scientists-say/

Zombie
Zombie
Wow that is interesting how with just the light reflection of the eye they can detect deepfake images. I would imagine how many photos out there look very real but they aren't . This would help detectives with they're work in finding a criminal or something with that knowledge.

Last edited by Sergio; 03/15/2021 10:05 PM.
Ghast
Ghast
This is fascinating! I just read an article about a woman who created deepfake videos of her daughter's rivals on a cheerleading team. How horrible!

Pa. woman accused of using 'deepfake' technology to harass cheerleaders

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Christian Nestell Bovee
Sheep
Sheep
The next time I find an image that seems less than right, I'll keep this in mind.

Sussy Fortnite hamburger
Sheep
Sheep
Wow, I found this article you post quite interesting. Well, I had to do a bit more research because I still didn't get what deepfake was really, but I got it now. It is a good article indeed and it makes me think, now that the people out there, who do deepfakes, know this critical piece of information, they can just make sure to fix that flaw. Can they fix that flaw? Now if they actually can, and take the time to do so, what other methods do the scientists at the University of Buffalo have to detect such? And once they find that one and make it known, will the people find another way to fix it or cover it up? These are some question that I am left with unanswered, but I'm glad to have had a post make me think as much.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 13 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Isaiah blackwell, Daniela, Emi Yamamoto, von, w rizz 22
202 Registered Users
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16